IBE™ intends to build on a LIB manufacturing ecosystem in India.
To facilitate the same, IBE offers a non-exclusive license to mass manufacturing of LIB cells in a phased manner using IBE’s indigenous LIB cell chemistry and cell manufacturing know-how, a complete process lines to fabricate cells (Cylindrical (18650, 22700 & 4680), Pouch and Prismatic)
Salient Features of IBE’s LIB formulation
Our LIB formulation is robust and uses aqueous binder slurry technology with CMC/SBR. IBE formulation offers a range of flexibility. Our licensing includes both PVDF/NMP formulation as well (DUAL BINDER Formulation). Our CMC drying process is versatile and quick, yielding excellent carbon credit to the manufacturers. No solvent extraction steps are required and/or recycling as it happens for NMP recovery in conventional/Standard LIB cathode formulations.
Our Electrolyte additives are proprietary and serve its important role in cell safety predominantly. IBE can offer formulations that suit different end-user applications.
Our advanced chemistry provides >2000 Cycles at 0.5C Charge/Discharge pattern with >80% Cell capacity retention.
Our Advanced chemistry formulations include but not limited to:
- Advanced NMC chemistry in which Cathode power consisted of single-crystal NMCxyz powders having larger grain size.
- Standard Polycrystalline secondary particles of NMCxyz for low-cost cells
- Advanced composite Polycrystalline secondary particles of NMCxyz+ (IBE nomenclature) for low-cost cells
- The anode is AG or MCMB powders
- IBE’s Electrolyte blend is robust and proprietary.
- We use a Commercial PP/PE separator of specific thickness.
- Measuring an internal impedance of tens of mΩ (Measured at 1kHz)
Note: Our slurry formulation is unique and versatile to replace any cathode materials (other than NMC811) such as NCP, NMC89, LFP, LCO, and LMN
Significant Experience in cell design & development
Development & optimisation of cell chemistry (cathode materials, anode materials).
In-depth knowledge of Li-ion battery cell operation, performance and failure modes.
Experience in different physical and chemical characterisation tools for AAM and CAM powders, fabricated electrode, and various types of prototype cells.
Unique Slurry powder mixing sequence
Slurry viscosity optimisation (visco-elastic properties and pH) and resistivity of the slurry
Electrode coating and drying sequence for AAM and CAM
What we could offer to Cell manufacturing industry as part of complete Industrialisation drive:
- Qualify anode materials, cathode materials, electrolyte materials, cell components, Separator grade, new electrode compositions in cylindrical, pouch and prismatic cells.
- Optimize the electrode composition, electrode processing, cell assembly processes and cell design parameters to improve the electrochemical and life cycle performances.
- Define specifications for materials, slurry formulations, electrodes, cell subassemblies and final cell. Write DFMEA.
- Define cell design and electrical metrics to meet specific application requirements.
- Define and carry out DVP&R for material and cell qualification.
- Safety Handling as per MSDS
- Support the manufacturing team in the definition of manufacturing procedures.
- Conduct design reviews and, after successful validation, release the design to B or C sample stage.
- Failure Analysis in Lithium-Ion Battery Production with FMEA-Based Large-Scale Bayesian Network
- Determine failure modes and reports are prepared.
- Develop and improve the documentation system and change control and process management procedures.
Salient features of IBE’s Supercapacitor formulation:
- Our proprietary SC formulation is state-of-the-art having unique process steps that use superconductive carbon additives with CMC aqueous binder facilitating a quick drying process.
- Our SC chemistry provides Low ESR (as low as 48 mΩ) Supercapacitors with a rated voltage of 2.5-2.7V per cell.
- The capacitors can be assembled in mF to Several 1000 farads
- Any form-factor can be used.
- We use a very thin (thickness is a trade secret) proprietary separator.
- Our chosen porous carbon is unique with a high surface area (m2/g)
- Uses a special electrolyte blend with an antigas feature having an ionic conductivity in the range 60-65mS/cm.